Stuffed tomato salad is loaded with proteins, vitamins and minerals. During mid meal or tea time when you want to munch some snacks, instead of that add stuffed tomato salad in your diet chart, it is more nutritious then those fried snacks. Even though during 5th day of my GM diet, I generally eat stuffed tomato salad, as it provides only 155kcal/ serving. It comes in the healthy breakfast recipes section. Those ladies who are searching what to eat during pregnancy, they can also have it, it is loaded with folic acid, it is very essential nutrient for fetus health.
Main ingredient of stuffed tomato recipe is tomatoes.
Tomatoes are the member of carotenoid (Phytochemical) family. It strengthens the heart and prevents from abnormal growth of cells. Tomatoes are loaded with vitamins and mineral, it helps to boost the overall health as well as it nourishes the skin.
Health benefits of Stuffed tomato recipe
- Stuffed tomato salad is low in calories, helps for those who are looking how to lose weight naturally.
- It is loaded with dietary fibers, dietary fibers helps to prevent from constipation, weight loss as well as it helps to maintain the blood sugar levels by lower down the release of glucose.
- Stuffed tomato salad is Protein rich Food. Proteins are very essential nutrients for hair, skin and nails health.
- Stuffed tomato salad is packed with vitamins and minerals, especially Vitamin A, Vitamin B9 (folic acid), vitamin C, copper and other nutrients.
- Vitamin A helps to improve the vision, Vitamin B9 or folic acid is very essential during pregnancy, it prevents feotus from Neural tube defects. Vitamin C is very essential for healthy body, it boost our immune system. Copper helps to prevent from thyroid disorders.
Total (Preparation +cook) time-15 minutes
Grated garlic-1 tsp
Onion- 1 medium size
Coriander leaves-1 tsp
Chinese seasoning-1 tsp (optional)
Olive oil-1/2 tsp
Butter -1/2 tsp
Wash and boil corn kernel for 3-4 minutes. Drain the water. Keep it aside.
In pan heat butter, add grated garlic, sauté it, until the raw aroma disappears.
After that add finely chopped onions, sauté it, until it turns to translucent.
Then add coriander leaves, salt and Chinese seasoning (optional) to it. Mix well. Now stuffing is ready.
Wash tomatoes, cut from the center, scoop out the seeds and pulp. As shown in figure.
Grease tomato pieces with olive oil and stuff it with mixture.
Heat pan grease it, put one by one stuffed tomatoes to it, cover it and cook for 5 minutes in slow flame.
Yummy stuffed tomatoes ready, serve hot.
Nutritional Information of Stuffed tomato recipe
Energy kCal – 309.8,
Protein, gm – 11.4,
Carbohydrates, gm – 48.4,
Fat, gm – 7.8,
Dietary Fiber, gm – 13.5,
Vitamin A, mcg – 795.8,
Vitamin B1, mg – 0.3,
Vitamin B2, mg – 0.2,
Vitamin B3, mg – 2.2,
Vitamin B6, mg – 0.0,
Vitamin B9 Folic Acid, mcg – 104.4,
Vitamin B12, mcg – 0.0,
Vitamin C, mg – 39.4,
Vitamin D, mcg – 0.0,
Vitamin E, mg – 0.5,
Vitamin K, mcg – 15.5,
Calcium, mg – 171.1,
Phosphorus, mg – 254.3,
Iron, mg – 3.9,
Magnesium, mg – 68.7,
Copper, mcg – 700.5,
Manganese, mg – 0.8,
Molybdenum, mcg – 117.6,
Zinc, mg – 3.0,
Chromium, mcg – 19.9,
Selenium, mcg – 0.0,
Omega 3, mg – 37.5,
Omega 6, mg – 525.0