Soya chunks are also known as soya nuggets or meal maker. It is consider as Protein rich food. It is a good alternative of non vegetarian food. I often make soya Manchurian, soya curry, it goes well with rice, biryani , chapatti. Soya chunks have so many health benefits. It is an excellent source of vitamin B, Proteins and other essential fatty acids. It is a versatile food. You can prepare so many dishes with it. Soya chunks easily absorb any flavour that you cooked with it. Soya chunks curry is easy to prepare as well as the taste of dish in delicious.
Main Ingredients of Soya chunks or Meal maker curry is Soya chunks.
Soya chunks help to reduce the risk of osteoporosis in menopausal women. Those people, who are suffering from heart problem or diabetes, will find no issues with eating soya chunks. Soya chunks are healthy food for kids and everyone.
Health benefits of Soya chunks or Meal maker curry
- It is a protein rich food. It helps to make muscles.
- It comes into low glycemic index food category. Best for those who are looking how to lose weight naturally.
- It is a good source of antioxidant such as Vitamin A, Vitamin B, and Vitamin C, vitamin K. These antioxidants helps to boost immunity, improve vision, prevents cell damage.
- It is a good source of Dietary fiber. Good food for Diabetes treatment.
- It is a good source of iron. Prevents anemia.
- It is rich in minerals such as calcium, phosphorus, copper, zinc and other nutrients. These minerals are good for hair, skin, and nails health.
Total time (Preparation +cook) -25 minutes
Onion- 6 no (250g)
Tomato- 6 no (400g)
Coriander leaves-2 tbsp
Green chills- 12 no
Ginger paste – 1 tbsp
Garlic paste-1 tbsp
Garam masala-1 tsp
Chili powder-1/2 tsp
Turmeric- 1/4 tsp
Salt-as per taste
Oil-2 tbsp (I used Rice bran oil)
- Bring water to boil in a pot, add soya chunks to it. Add salt also. Let them sit till they turn soft.
- Squeeze off the excess water from soya chunks. Rinse then in fresh water and squeeze again. Keep these aside in a bowl.
- In grinder add chopped tomatoes.Make puree of it. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan adds chopped onion to it.fry till the onions turn golden.
- While the onion fry, grind green chills, ginger, garlic.Make paste of it.
- Add this paste, fry till raw smell disappears.
- Add turmeric to it, fry for a while.
- Add garam masala to it, fry it.
- Add chili powder to it, fry it.
- Pour the tomato puree to it.
- Fry till the tomato onion mixture begins to leave the oil in the pan. And add salt to it.
- Add soya chunks to it.
- Fry it till the soya chunks blend well. Fry it about 7-8 minutes.
- Pour water about 2 cups of enough to make thick gravy. Cover it and cook. Till the soya chunks are soft for minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve meal maker curry with rice, chapathi, pulao or biryani.
Nutritional Information of Soya chunks or Meal maker curry recipe
|Energy kCal- 1419.6,
Dietary Fiber, gm-56.0,
Vitamin A, mcg-4404.8,
Vitamin B1, mg-2.2,
Vitamin B2, mg-1.2,
Vitamin B3, mg-10.0 ,
Vitamin B6, mg-0.0,
Vitamin B9 Folic Acid, mcg-323.7,
Vitamin B12, mcg-0.0 ,
Vitamin C, mg-170.9,
Vitamin D, mcg-0.0,
Vitamin E, mg-2.8,
Vitamin K, mcg-93.0,
Omega 3, mg-3326.0,
Omega 6, mg-12040.0