I always add chaas in my daily Diet chart. Usually I prepare salty chaas or masala chaas. If you go to any south Indian home, their meals finished after have curd rice. That habit is prolonged to me. My hubby loves it. That’s why I always prepare different varieties of chaas. Here I used curd, mint leaves and coriander leaves. These ingredients works as coolant for the body. Masala chaas is easy to prepare recipe. It takes only 10 minutes to prepare.
Whenever my husband is in GM diet, he prefers to have chaas instead of milk. If you are looking how to lose weight naturally, add masala chaas in your diet chart regularly. It is low in carbs, helps a lot to reduce weight. One of the good thing with masala chaas, it helps to beat the acidity. Masala chaas contain ginger and cumin seeds (jeera) these two ingredients works as excellent digestive agent.
Main ingredient of Masala chaas is curd, mint leaves and coriander leaves.
- Curd comes into dairy products. It is rich in proteins and calcium. It contains good bacteria that help to improve the digestion. As well as it is an energy booster.
- Mint leaves is an herb, it is packed with phytonutrients. It comes into low glycemic index food category. It has anti bacterial properties. During summer must have mint in your daily diet, it help us from sunstroke.
- Coriander leaves have anti inflammatory and anti septic properties. It is best for diabetes as well as it is rich in iron.
Health benefits of Masala chaas
- It is Protein rich food.
- It is calcium rich food.
- It is low carbs drink. You can add in your GM diet plan also.
- It contain good amount of antioxidants such as vitamin A, vitamin B, Vitamin C, vitamin K.
- It is rich in minerals such as phosphorus, copper, zinc, molybdenum and other nutrients.
Serving size– 2
Total (Preparation +cook) time-10 minutes
Mint leaves- 2 tbsp
Coriander leaves-2 tbsp
Green chilli-1 small (not too spicy one)
Ginger- ½ inch piece
Roasted cumin powder- ½ tsp
Salt- as per taste
Take curd in the bowl and blend it very well.
Wash and chop mint leaves, coriander leaves, green chili and ginger.
In grinder add chopped mint leaves, chopped coriander leaves, chopped ginger, and chopped green chili and 3-4 spoon of water. Grind it.
Pour it in curd bowl, blend it.
Add ½ tsp of roasted cumin powder, salt and water to it. Mix well.
Garnish with mint leaves. Serve your masala chaas chilled.
Nutritional Information of Masala Chaas recipe
Energy kCal- 187.5,
Dietary Fiber, gm-4.0,
Vitamin A, mcg-2654.1,
Vitamin B1, mg-0.2,
Vitamin B2, mg-0.5,
Vitamin B3, mg-0.9 ,
Vitamin B6, mg-0.0,
Vitamin B9 Folic Acid, mcg-65.7,
Vitamin B12, mcg-0.3,
Vitamin C, mg-52.3,
Vitamin D, mcg-0.0,
Vitamin E, mg-0.0,
Vitamin K, mcg-93.0,
Omega 3, mg-0.0,
Omega 6, mg-0.0