Lauki moong dal is a delicious combination of lauki vegetable and lentils. Lauki moong dal goes well with steamed rice, patrathas or pulkas. Usually lauki vegetable is not popular in many houses. Including mine that’s why my mother always makes different recipes from lauki vegetable. This recipe is easy to prepare as well as very healthy also.
Main ingredient of lauki moong dal recipe is- lauki (bottle gourd) and Moong dal
Lauki helps to improve digestion. We usually have lauki juice during Urinary tract infections, it helps to reduce it.Lauki vegetable is very popular for weight loss as it is rich in dietary fibers. In ayurveda lauki is recommended to reducing liver inflammation.
Moong dal is a super food. It is high protein food, comes into the low glycemic index food category. It is very light and easy to digest. It contain good source of iron.
Health benefits of lauki moong dal recipe
- Lauki moong dal is protein rich food. Proteins help a lot in wear and tear of the body.
- It is rich in minerals such as phosphorus, chromium, copper, manganese, dietary fiber and other nutrients also. It helps to regulate the blood sugar in the body. We can consider lauki moong dal recipe in diabetes treatment.
- Lauki moong dal recipe is good for hairs health also as it is rich in iron, zinc, calcium, magnesium etc.
- Lauki moong dal recipe is very nutritious it helps to reduce the cholesterol level in the body.
- It contain good amount of antioxidants, prevent cell from environmental damages.
Preparation time-15 minutes
Lauki (bottle gourd)-700g (1 no)
Urad dal-1 tbsp
Chana dal-1 tbsp
Rai (mustard seeds) – 1 tsp
Jeera (cumin seeds)-1 tsp
Red chilli-6 no
Hing (asfatida)-1/2 tsp
Salt- as per taste
- Wash, peel and cut lauki (bottle gourd) into small pieces.
- In cooker add chopped lauki pieces, moong dal, haldi, salt and water. Mix well and cook it until 3 vessel came.
- When lauki and moong dal cooked, with the help of masher mash it very well.
Heat a pan add oil, add garlic fry it for 30 seconds, then add chana dal and urad dal , cumin seeds, mustard seeds, dry chili fry it until it become golden colour, at last add hing fry for a while.
Mix the tempering to cooked lauki moong dal and mix it well.
Serve hot with rice or chapattis.
Nutritional Information of Lauki(Bottle gourd) moong dal recipe
|Energy kCal- 791.0,
Dietary Fiber, gm-31.0,
Vitamin A, mcg-118.6,
Vitamin B1, mg-0.9,
Vitamin B2, mg-0.5,
Vitamin B3, mg-5.1,
Vitamin B6, mg-0.0,
Vitamin B9 Folic Acid, mcg-180.3,
Vitamin B12, mcg-0.0 ,
Vitamin C, mg-9.8,
Vitamin D, mcg-0.0,
Vitamin E, mg-0.0,
Vitamin K, mcg-0.0,
Omega 3, mg-603.0,
Omega 6, mg-5893.0