Today I am adding one more healthy breakfast recipe in my breakfast recipes section. It is very easy to prepare as well as it is very nutritious. You need only few ingredients such as leftover chapattis, onion, green chili and other spices to prepare this recipe. This is healthy as well as very tasty. It is packed with proteins, fibers, vitamin B, iron and other nutrients. You can pack it in kids’ lunch box also. Due to their high fiber content it is beneficial in Diabetes treatment as well as good for heart health.
Tip– During my pregnancy my mom always uses to say eat leftover chapattis, it helps to overcome from morning sickness as well as it is rich in vitamin B also.
Main Ingredient of this recipe is left over chapattis.
Health benefits of kuskara
- Kuskara is Protein rich food. In this recipe per serving you will get 7g of proteins. Dietitian in Mumbai tells us, an individual requires 1g/kg body weight Proteins every day. That means if a person has ideal body weight and his weight is 60kg, he needs 60g proteins every day for growth and maintenance of tissues and cell.
- It is rich in Dietary fibers. If you are looking what to eat during pregnancy try to add kuskara in your daily diet chart, it helps to prevent you from constipation, as well as from many diseases.
- It is rich in Vitamin B, helps to make you energetic.
- It is iron rich food prevent from anemia.
- It contain fair amount of calcium, phosphorus, copper and other nutrients.
Cook time-10 minutes
Leftover Chapaties-3 (medium size)
Onion – 2 medium sizes (100g)
Green chili- 2no
Curry leaves-10-15 leaves
Coriander leaves-1 tsp
Rai (Mustard seeds)-1 tsp
Haldi (turmeric) – ¼ tsp
Salt- as per taste
1-In food processer grinds leftover chapattis in small bite ,Keep it aside
2-In pan heat oil add mustard seeds when it starts crackle add groundnut to it, fry it (don’t over fry groundnuts otherwise it will burn). After that add curry leaves and chopped green chili fry for a while. Then add onions fry it until onion become light brown.
3-Then add haldi (turmeric) and salt to it.fry for a while.
4-After that add grinded chapattis to it, mix well sprinkle some water and cover it, cook it in slow flame for 5 minutes.
5-Garnish with coriander leaves, while serving squeeze lemon, and eats it with fresh curd.
6- Serve hot.
Nutritional Information of Kuskara recipe
|Energy kCal- 504.5,
Dietary Fiber, gm-11.2,
Vitamin A, mcg-552.4,
Vitamin B1, mg-0.6,
Vitamin B2, mg-0.2,
Vitamin B3, mg-7.4 ,
Vitamin B6, mg-0.0,
Vitamin B9 Folic Acid, mcg-28.8,
Vitamin B12, mcg-0.0 ,
Vitamin C, mg-13.3,
Vitamin D, mcg-0.0,
Vitamin E, mg-0.6,
Vitamin K, mcg-15.5,
Omega 3, mg-0.0,
Omega 6, mg-3900.0