We can make tomato rasam in different ways, but this one is very quick and easy to prepare recipe. Rasam is also known as Charu in Telugu. It does not contain any lentils, garlic and also you don’t need to add any rasam powder to it. It needs only few ingredients. The Instant tomato rasam goes well with steamed rice. The tangy taste of tomato rasam is very enjoyable. Tomato rasam is very good for digestion. Tamarind and tomato is the main ingredient of the recipe it provides the necessary soreness to the recipe.
In tomato rasam i used curry leaves while boiling; it gives a different taste and aroma to the dish.
Main ingredient of the Instant tomato recipe
- Curry leaves
Health benefits of Instant Tomato rasam recipe
- It is rich in antioxidants such as vitamin A, vitamin C. Boost immunity
- It is good source of minerals like calcium, iron, phosphorus, copper and other nutrients. As we know our body needs 11 vitamins and 13 minerals every day. It is very essential to feed our self good amount of fruits and vegetables to fulfill the requirements.
- It is low carbohydrate food. Good for those who are looking How to lose belly fat.
- It contain fair amount of proteins.
Serving size– 5 person
Total (Preparation+ cook) time -15 minutes
Tomatoes-2 no (medium size)
Emli (Tamarind)-20g (big lime size)
Green chills- 5 no
Red chills- 2 no
Methi (fenugreek) seeds-1/4 tsp
Rai (mustard seeds)-1 tsp
Hing (asafetida) – a pinch
Turmeric- a pinch
Curry leaves- 5 springs
Salt- as per taste
Oil- 1 tsp
- Wash and mash tomatoes in pan.
- Add roughly chopped green chills, tamarind (remove seeds), salt, sugar, curry leaves,turmeric to mashed tomato pan mix well.
- At last add 5 cup (240 ml) of water.
- Boil it for 7-8 minutes or one boiled came, keep it in small flame for 5 minutes.
Heat oil and add methi seeds fry it.
Then add mustard seeds.
When mustard seeds starts crackle add red chills and hing(asafetida) to it.
Add this tempering to tomato rasam or charu.
Serve hot tomato rasam or charu with steamed rice with pesarpappu ( moong dal) pachadi.
Nutritional Information of Instant Tomato rasam recipe
|Energy kCal- 215.2,
Dietary Fiber, gm-5.5,
Vitamin A, mcg-806.7,
Vitamin B1, mg-0.3,
Vitamin B2, mg-0.2,
Vitamin B3, mg-1.3 ,
Vitamin B6, mg-0.0,
Vitamin B9 Folic Acid, mcg-53.5,
Vitamin B12, mcg-0.0 ,
Vitamin C, mg-60.9,
Vitamin D, mcg-0.0,
Vitamin E, mg-0.8,
Vitamin K, mcg-0.0,
Omega 3, mg-0.0,
Omega 6, mg-1950.0