Instant tomato chutney is very easy to prepare. Usually we use oil to prepare other chutneys, but this chutney doesn’t need any oil for preparation. It is made with raw vegetables and spices. Instant tomato chutney is mouthwatering recipe. The little spicy taste and garlic flavor gives this chutney to wonderful taste. This recipe is packed phytonutrients, vitamins and mineral. It is one of the most nutritious recipes.
It contains zero oil. Instant tomato chutney can be prepared within 5 minutes. It goes well with north Indian breakfast recipes as well as meals.
Main ingredient of Instant tomato chutney recipe is – Tomato
Tomatoes are rich source of antioxidants and dietary fibers. It is low glycemic index food. Instant tomato chutney is very helpful for those who are in GM Diet . Dietitian in Mumbai tells us this recipe is very good for hair, skin and nail health.
Health benefits of Instant tomato chutney recipe
- It is low in carbohydrates, helps to maintain healthy weight.you can add it in your GM Diet plan also.
- It is rich in dietary fibers helps to detoxify the body. It makes you feel full, prevents unnecessary munching.
- It is rich in Vitamin A, which is good for vision and it prevents night blindness also.
- It is rich in Vitamin C; it helps to prevent our body from free radical damages; vitamin C boosts immunity.
- This recipe contains a fair amount of vitamin A, zinc and iron and other minerals, which helps to treat hair loss and it helps to grow hair faster.
- This recipe contains good amount of copper and chromium, the both nutrients are very essential for diabetes treatment.
- This recipe is free from fats especially transfats, as well as garlic helps to lower down the blood serum cholesterol level, and reduce the symptoms of high blood pressure.
Serving size – 3 person
Preparation time – 5 minutes
Shelf life – (2 to 3) hours only
Tomato – 250gm (3 medium sized)
Green chilli – 4 no(as per taste)
Coriander leaves – 50 gm
Garlic – 10 to 12 cloves (small size)
Jeera (cumin seeds) – 1/2 tsp
Salt – as per taste
1 – Wash and cut tomatoes into big slices.
2 – In food processer; add chopped tomatoes, chopped green chills, chopped coriander leaves, garlic cloves and cumin seeds. Grind it for 30 seconds only.
3 – Season with salt.
Serve the instant tomato chutney with rice, parathas, pakodas, chilla etc. This can be consider as side dish in breakfast recipes.
Nutritional Information of Instant tomato chutney recipe
Energy kCal – 89.6,
Protein, gm – 4.8,
Carbohydrates, gm – 14.7,
Fat, gm – 1.2,
Dietary Fiber, gm – 7.4,
Vitamin A, mcg – 4358.3,
Vitamin B1, mg – 0.4,
Vitamin B2, mg – 0.2,
Vitamin B3, mg – 1.5,
Vitamin B6, mg – 0.0,
Vitamin B9 Folic Acid, mcg – 76.5,
Vitamin B12, mcg – 0.0,
Vitamin C, mg – 141.3,
Vitamin D, mcg – 0.0,
Vitamin E, mg – 1.3,
Vitamin K, mcg – 155.0,
Calcium, mg – 242.0,
Phosphorus, mg – 118.0,
Iron, mg – 2.9,
Magnesium, mg – 44.5,
Copper, mcg – 664.3,
Manganese, mg – 1.0,
Molybdenum, mcg – 563.5,
Zinc, mg – 1.4,
Chromium, mcg – 47.5,
Selenium, mcg – 0.0,
Omega 3, mg – 0.0,
Omega 6, mg – 0.0