Today I am adding one more delicious and healthy breakfast recipe in my breakfast recipes section. It is very nutritious. The creamy texture of this recipe is just amazing; it melts in your mouth. I always add salad or salsa in my Diet chart. These are loaded with fiber, vitamin and minerals and other nutrients. It also helps to reduce weight.
Main ingredient of Creamy corn salsa is Corn.
Corn- Corn has complex carb, it supports to balanced energy level. It comes into low to medium glycemic index food category. That means after having corn your blood sugar level will not shoot up suddenly. Corn is the most popular grain in the world. It doesn’t contain any gluten. Those who are suffering from celiac disease, corn are a good option for them. Corn is a rich source of antioxidants; yellow corn is rich in carotenoid antioxidants, mainly zeaxanthin and lutein. These antioxidants helps to boost the immune system as well as protect our eyes and skin from the oxidative stress.
Health benefits of Creamy corn Salsa
- It is Protein rich food; in single serving you will get 3 gm of protein.
- It is a good source of vitamin A, it helps to maintain good eye health.
- Corn salsa contain fair amount of Fiber.
- It contains fair amount of vitamins and minerals, it helps to boost the immune system and maintain overall good health.
Total (Preparation +cook) time-10 minutes
Corn kernels- 170 gm (1 no)
Onion- 30 gm
Coriander leaves-5 gm
Black pepper powder-1/2 tsp (as per taste)
Salt-as per taste
- Wash and boil corn kernels for 5-7 minutes. Then drain the water and blend it for 15 seconds (don’t make paste, Coarse is ok)
- Wash and chop onion, tomato, cucumber and coriander leaves finely.
- In bowl add corn mixture, chopped vegetables, black pepper powder and salt. Mix it very well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Yummy corn salsa is ready. You can have it with other breakfast recipes