Corn is fiber rich food; it contains both soluble and insoluble fibers. Role of soluble fiber and insoluble fiber is; soluble fiber helps to blocking the cholesterol absorption in the body on the other hand insoluble fiber prevents from constipation. Yellow kernels of Corn contains carotenoids , it reduce the risk degenerative disease of retina. Sweet corn is gluten free cereal, it can be used safely in Celiac disease.Corn is the rich source of Minerals such as zinc, copper, iron and other minerals. Corn salad is quick and easy to prepare recipe. You can add this recipe in GM Diet plan also, as it is low in calories. Corn salad can be considered in breakfast recipes or you can have it in mid meal also (during mid morning/tea time).
Health benefits of Corn salad recipe
• Corn salad is low in calories, low calories helps to lose weight.
• One of best recipe which you can include in GM diet plan.
• Corn salad is Protein Rich food.
• Corn salad is rich in antioxidants such as vitamin C, vitamin A. Antioxidants help to boost the immune system, it improve the vision health as well as prevents from many disease.
• It is rich in copper and other nutrients.
Serving size – 2
Total time (Preparation +cook) – 15 minutes
Corn kernels – 1 cup (100g)
Onion – 1 medium size –
Capsicum – 3 tbsp (finely chopped)
Garlic – 10 – 12 cloves
Chili sauce – 1 tsp
Tomato sauce – 1 tsp
Chinese seasoning – 1 tsp
Spring onion – 1tsp
Salt – as per taste
Butter – 1/2 tsp
• Wash and boil corn kernels for 5 – 8 minutes, drain the water and keep it aside.
• Wash and chop finely onion, capsicum, grate garlic .keep it aside.
• In a pan add ½ tsp butter heat it, then add grated garlic to it, when garlic turns to light
• Brown or the raw aroma disappears.
• After that add chopped onion, sauté it, until it turns to translucent.
• Then add chopped capsicum, sauté it for a while.
• After that add 1 tsp chili sauce, 1 tsp tomato sauce, 1 tsp Chinese seasoning and salt to it. Mix well.
• Garnish with chopped spring onion, Serve hot.
Nutritional Information of Corn Salad recipe
Energy kCal – 225.3,
Protein, gm – 7.5,
Carbohydrates, gm – 40.7,
Fat, gm – 3.6,
Dietary Fiber, gm – 1.5,
Vitamin A, mcg – 237.5,
Vitamin B1, mg – 0.4,
Vitamin B2, mg – 0.2,
Vitamin B3, mg – 1.1,
Vitamin B6, mg – 0.0,
Vitamin B9 Folic Acid, mcg – 0.0,
Vitamin B12, mcg – 0.0,
Vitamin C, mg – 70.7,
Vitamin D, mcg – 0.0
Vitamin E, mg – 0.0,
Vitamin K, mcg – 0.0,
Calcium, mg – 52.1
Phosphorus, mg – 218.9,
Iron, mg – 2.5,
Magnesium, mg – 52.5,
Copper, mcg – 117.0,
Manganese, mg – 0.1,
Molybdenum, mcg – 0.0,
Zinc, mg – 0.3,
Chromium, mcg – 4.7,
Selenium, mcg – 0.0,
Omega 3, mg – 0.0,
Omega 6, mg – 0.0