Coconut lime chutney is bright in color as well as flavor, take just minutes to Prepare. It combines coconut, lime and a bit of chili heat. Coconut lime chutney is no onion no garlic recipe. This chutney goes well with batata wada, dosa, mendu vada, or any other Breakfast recipes. Tangy taste and crunchiness of this chutney is very enjoyable. In south Indian meals we consider chutneys as side dish .Coconut lime chutney is rich in proteins, vitamins and minerals but low in carbs.
Even though there are lots of varieties of coconut chutney that are prepared at home, this one is frequently made as it is easy to prepare. In this chutney tempering is optional. I already posted some more different varieties of coconut chutney recipes. Coconut is the one ingredient that all the time present in most of us kitchen.
Main ingredient of coconut lime chutney recipe is coconut.
Health benefits of Coconut lime chutney Recipe
- Coconut lime chutney is Protein rich food.
- Coconut is rich in vitamins and minerals that is good for hair, skin and nails health.
- It is rich in vitamin C; it protects cells from free radical damages.
- In moderate amount it is good for heart, as it is rich in minerals such as phosphorus, magnesium, potassium and other minerals.
- Coconut lime chutney is rich in copper.
Serving size-8 person
Total (Preparation + cook) time-10 minutes
Shelf life-2 days (store in fridge)
Coconut- 2 no (200 g pulp)
Lime- 2 no
Green chilli-15 no
Turmeric –a pinch
Mustard seeds-1 tsp
Hing (asafetida) – a pinch
Dry chilli- 2 no
Urad dal- 1 tbsp
Chana dal-1 tbsp
Curry leaves-2 springs
Water- 1 cup (240 ml)
Salt- as per taste
- Remove coconut pulp from its shell. Then wash and chop coconut in small pieces.
- In food processor add chopped coconut, green chills, turmeric, salt and 1 cup of water or as required grind it, and make smooth paste of it.
- In this paste squeeze lime and mix lime juice in coconut paste very well.
Heat oil add mustard seeds.
When it starts crackle add urad dal and chana dal to it.
When dal fried add curry leaves, dry chills and hing fry for a while.
Add this tempering to coconut chutney paste.
Serve this chutney with rice, idle, dosa or any other Breakfast recipes.
Nutritional Information of Coconut lime chutney recipe
|Energy kCal- 348.3,
Dietary Fiber, gm-5.1,
Vitamin A, mcg-151.6,
Vitamin B1, mg-0.2,
Vitamin B2, mg-0.2,
Vitamin B3, mg-1.1 ,
Vitamin B6, mg-0.0,
Vitamin B9 Folic Acid, mcg-48.8,
Vitamin B12, mcg-0.0 ,
Vitamin C, mg-53.9,
Vitamin D, mcg-0.0,
Vitamin E, mg-0.0,
Vitamin K, mcg-0.0,
Omega 3, mg-0.0,
Omega 6, mg-3900.0