Chikoo is also known as sapodilla fruit, sapota in Telugu, chikku in Marathi and Hindi. It is sweet in taste as well as it is calories rich food too. Those ladies, who are looking for what to eat during pregnancy, can add chikoo milkshake in their breakfast recipes, as it is rich in glucose which provides you instant energy. Today I blended 1 scoop Nutrilite Protein Powder to this milk shake to boost its nutritional value; It is totally optional if you want you can add it or not. Nutrilite Protein Powder does not change the awesome taste of the chikoo milkshake but on the other hand it provides me all essential amino acids. By adding 1 scoop protein powder. I’ll get 8 gm extra proteins.
Main ingredient of chikoo milkshake is chikoo
Dietitian in Mumbai tells us health benefits of chikoo fruit.
- Chikoo is rich in vitamin A, it is beneficial for eyes, and it helps to improve vision.
- Chikoo fruit contain high tannis; it is anti – inflammatory agent.
- Chikoo is rich in dietary fiber it improves the digestive tract health ,prevents constipation.
- Chikoo is rich in antioxidants and minerals helps to prevent from many diseases as well as its boost immunity too.
- Chikoo helps to stop blood loss during piles.
- Chikoo works as detoxifying agent.
Health benefits of Chikoo Milkshake
- It is low in Carbs.
- Chikoo milkshake is rich in dietary fibers.
- Chikoo milkshake is rich in minerals such as calcium, phosphorus, copper etc.
- Chikoo milk shake contains omega 3 fatty acids also.
- It contain fair amount of vitamins such as Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin B.
Serving size – 2 person
Preparation time– 5 minutes
Shelf life – Drink immediately
Chikoo – 80 gm (2 no)
Milk – 100 ml
Anjir(dry figs) – 3 no
Badam (almonds) – 5 gm
Kishmish(raisin) – 5 gm
Protein powder (Nutrilite) – 1 scoop (10 gm)
I took a snap of nutritional information of Nutrilite protein powder.
1 – Wash and remove seeds from chikoo fruit.
2 – Soak(Anjir, badam, kishmish) in water for 15 minutes.
3 – In grinder grind chikoo pulp, soaked nuts, protein powder, ice cubes and little milk grind it, until it become smooth paste then add reaming milk and grind for 10 seconds.
4 – Pour it in a glass.
Nutritional Information of Calcium Rich Food Recipe – Chikoo Milkshake
Energy kCal – 204.7,
Protein, gm – 5.3,
Carbohydrates, gm – 28.1,
Fat, gm – 8.0,
Dietary Fiber, gm – 10.2,
Vitamin A, mcg – 179.3,
Vitamin B1, mg – 0.1,
Vitamin B2, mg – 0.3,
Vitamin B3, mg – 0.7,
Vitamin B6, mg – 0.0,
Vitamin B9 Folic Acid, mcg – 8.5,
Vitamin B12, mcg – 0.1,
Vitamin C, mg – 8.4,
Vitamin D, mcg – 1.0,
Vitamin E, mg – 1.3,
Vitamin K, mcg – 0.0,
Calcium, mg – 182.3,
Phosphorus, mg – 149.0,
Iron, mg – 2.1,
Magnesium, mg – 38.7,
Copper, mcg – 112.5
Manganese, mg – 0.6,
Molybdenum, mcg – 0.0,
Zinc, mg – 0.3,
Chromium, mcg – 14.4,
Selenium, mcg – 0.0,
Omega 3, mg – 10.0,
Omega 6, mg – 0.0