Chocolate combination with fruits is irresistible. Kids are going to love it for sure. You can make choco chunks from different fruits such as mangoes, strawberry or grapes. Banana choco chunks are tasty and healthy too. Inside the choco chunks you can add different fruits and nuts to keep your child interested.
Main ingredient of Frozen Banana Choco chunks is – banana and chocolate.
Banana is loaded with essential minerals and vitamins for example manganese, magnesium, potassium, calcium, vitamin B6,iron and others vitamins. The high potassium content helps to reduce the symptoms of high blood pressure. Banana boost mood as it contains tryptophan amino acid which is a natural mood booster. Presence of high good amount of antioxidants aids in preventing many diseases.
Dark chocolate contain high amount of fiber, iron and antioxidants such as magnesium and copper. It helps lowering LDL cholesterol and increase HDL cholesterol. Dark chocolate has typical bioactive compounds that shield our skin from sun damages. The high flavanol cocoa studied under many studies has been found to increase the blood flow to the brain.
Health benefits of Frozen Banana Choco Chunks
- It is rich in antioxidants. This is good for skin, hair and nails health.
- It is very nutritious it contain fair amount of iron, proteins.
- It contains good amount of Copper, phosphorus and other nutrients.
Serving size – 10 chunks
Preparation time – 20 minutes
Banana – 1 no
Dairy milk chocolate – 2 no (15gm each)
Badam (almonds) – 20 no grated
Vegetable Oil – 1/4 tsp
- Cut banana into small half inch slices.
- To melt the chocolate you can use the boiling water and indirectly melt it. Take pan fill it with water; allow it boil, put the chocolate in the bowl, place it on the pan, cover it with plate. Allow the steam to melt the chocolate. You may need to stir occasionally. Add the ¼ tsp vegetable oil the melt and stir until mixed; you can use coconut oil also. The oil will separate the chocolate from the bowl and will also make a slim coat over the bananas.
- Add one banana slice into the chocolate. Use a stick to roll and coat the slice into the chocolate. Take out the slice with the stick or fork.
- Put the chocolate covered banana slice onto grated almond toppings. Roll or sprinkle the slice into toppings by fingers if needed for additional coating.
- Put the chunks into freezer for overnight or at least 6 hours till it gets solidified.
- Once it gets solid, you can store them in freezer. To eat, take out from freezer and eat direct. If you keep it out the banana chunk become soppy as chocolate would start melting
Nutritional Information of Frozen Banana choco chunks recipe
Energy kCal – 207.0+17.4,
Protein, gm – 4.8+0.27,
Carbohydrates, gm – 15.7+2.0,
Fat, gm – 13.9+1,
Dietary Fiber, gm – 0.9+0.07,
Vitamin A, mcg – 39.0,
Vitamin B1, mg – 0.1,
Vitamin B2, mg – 0.2,
Vitamin B3, mg – 1.1,
Vitamin B6, mg – 0.0,
Vitamin B9 Folic Acid, mcg – 0.0,
Vitamin B12, mcg – 0.0,
Vitamin C, mg – 3.5,
Vitamin D, mcg – 0.0,
Vitamin E, mg – 5.2,
Vitamin K, mcg – 0.0,
Calcium, mg – 54.5,
Phosphorus, mg – 116.0,
Iron, mg – 1.2,
Magnesium, mg – 95.1,
Copper, mcg – 274.0,
Manganese, mg – 0.5,
Molybdenum, mcg – 0.0,
Zinc, mg – 0.8,
Chromium, mcg – 34.2,
Selenium, mcg – 0.0,
Omega 3, mg – 0.0,
Omega 6, mg – 780.0