Today I am here with one more Gm diet recipe (low calorie recipe)”Bell Pepper Salad”. Bell pepper salad is packed with nutrients such as fiber, vitamin C, vitamin A and other nutrients. You can have it in your lunch, mid meal or in breakfast as a breakfast recipes. It is very easy to prepare recipe .I used garlic as a main spice it pair well with bell pepper. Don’t cook any ingredient to much, just saute for 10-20 seconds in low flame only.
Main ingredient of Bell Pepper salad is Red, green, yellow bell pepper.
Bell peppers are not only low in calories but they are rich source of fiber, iron, proteins and antioxidants especially vitamin C and vitamin A. It helps to prevent from many diseases as well as prevents our cell from free radical damages (environmental damage, aging process etc) .It is rich in folic acid helps to prevent from anemia. Research shows that red bell pepper helps to reduce belly fat by increase the metabolic rate. Yellow bell pepper is sweet in taste, it pair well with spices and other ingredients.
Health benefits of Bell pepper salad
- It is low in calories you can add in you GM diet plan. It helps a lot to lose belly fat.
- It is rich in fiber, fiber cleans your system, makes your digestive system healthy.
- It is rich in Vitamin A; vitamin A is very essential for hair, skin and eyes health. Vitamin A improves the eyes health.
- It is rich in vitamin C, as we know vitamin C boost the immunity as well as vitamin C, E rich food makes you look young.
- It contains fair amount of other nutrients.
- It is low in fats, you can have more.
Total time (Preparation +cook)-10 minutes
Mixed bell pepper (Green, yellow, red)–1 cup (1/2 no each) (160gm)
Onion- 1no small size (30gm)
Tomato-1/2 no medium size (30gm)
Garlic-6 cloves (10gm)
Olive oil-1/2 tsp
Lemon juice-1tsp (as per taste)
Salt-as per taste
- Wash and chop bell pepper (Green, yellow, red), onion and tomato lengthwise.
- Heat a pan add ½ tsp olive oil add grated garlic to it, saute for a while. Then add lengthwise chopped onion to it, saute for 20 seconds.
- After that add sliced mixed bell pepper and cook until just warmed through.
- Toss with the salt, coriander leaves and 1 tsp lemon juice.
- Recipe is ready; you can pair it with other breakfast recipes.
Nutritional Information of Bell Pepper salad recipe
Energy kCal – 98.6,
Protein, gm – 3.4,
Carbohydrates, gm – 14.5,
Fat, gm – 3.2,
Dietary Fiber, gm – 5.4,
Vitamin A, mcg – 1134.4,
Vitamin B1, mg – 0.9,
Vitamin B2, mg – 0.1,
Vitamin B3, mg – 0.5,
Vitamin B6, mg – 0.0,
Vitamin B9 Folic Acid, mcg – 10.8,
Vitamin B12, mcg – 0.0,
Vitamin C, mg – 240.3,
Vitamin D, mcg – 0.0,
Vitamin E, mg – 0.2,
Vitamin K, mcg – 15.5,
Calcium, mg – 59.6,
Phosphorus, mg – 97.9,
Iron, mg – 1.5,
Magnesium, mg – 32.2,
Copper, mcg – 363.4,
Manganese, mg – 0.3,
Molybdenum, mcg – 65.0,
Zinc, mg – 0.6,
Chromium, mcg – 19.5,
Selenium, mcg – 0.0,
Omega 3, mg – 37.5,
Omega 6, mg – 525.0