In summer season as temperature starts rising, our body needs more fluid to hydrate itself ,because we excrete lots of fluid through sweating, urine and bowl movement.
I usually drink 10 to 12 glass of water every day. With this I add at least 1 to 2 glass of different fruit juices, buttermilk, daily in my diet chart. Fruits are rich in vitamin, minerals as well as fiber. It will help to detoxify the body and make skin looks gorgeous. Hence start your day with breakfast recipes like this.
In my recipe section today will add one of the most nutritious fruit juice “Bel sharbat”. During summer my mother uses to make bel sharbat more often, because it helps cool our body, prevent from sunstroke as well as gives you instant energy.
Main ingredient of Bel sharbat is – Bel(Wood Apple).
Bel sharbat is easy to prepare and no need to do more taamzaam. It hardly takes 10 minutes.
Heath benefits of Bel sharbat
- Bel fruit is Protien Rich Food as well as calcium rich food, with richness of protein, magnesium, copper and other nutrients.
- Due to the high fiber content bel fruit helps to prevent constipation.
- Those people who have symptoms of high blood pressure bel juice is the good option for them, It’s packed with nutrients which helps to lower down the triglycerides and LDL cholesterol level. Overall bel fruit helps to control the cholesterol level.
- Dietitian in Mumbai suggested me to take Bel sharbat every day it works as a blood purifier, which helps to make skin fresh and glowing as well as it throughout the toxin elements from the body.
- Bel fruit contain laxatives that help to manage the blood sugar level. This drink is best for people taking diabetes treatment.
Serving size–250 ml (4 glass)
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Bel(Wood apple fruit) – 500 g (1 no)
Sugar – 15 g(1 tbsp)(as per your taste)
Jeera powder – 5 g(1 tsp)
Water – 1 Liter
1 – Take out all the pulp from the bel fruit and soak it in the 1 liter water for minimum 1 hr.
2 – Later on smash it well through your hands until the pulp gets fully dissolve in the water. (Separate the threads and seeds from the pulp)
3 – Filter the mixture properly.(My mom never filter it, because most of the fiber contain in the pulp only.)
4 – Add sugar and mix it well.
5 – (Optional) Add 1 tsp roasted jeera powder to it.
6 – Serve chilled Bel sharbat in glasses
Nutritional information of Bel sharbat recipe
Energy kCal – 729.7,
Protein, gm – 35.5,
Carbohydrates, gm – 105.4,
Fat, gm – 18.5,
Dietary Fiber, gm – 25,
Vitamin A, mcg – 305,
Vitamin B1, mg – 0.2,
Vitamin B2, mg – 0.2,
Vitamin B3, mg – 0.9 ,
Vitamin B6, mg – 4.0,
Vitamin B9 Folic Acid, mcg – 0.0,
Vitamin B12, mcg – 0.0 ,
Vitamin C, mg – 15.0,
Vitamin D, mcg – 0.0,
Vitamin E, mg – 0.0,
Vitamin K, mg – 0.0,
Calcium, mg – 651.8,
Phosphorus, mg – 550.2,
Iron, mg – 2.4,
Magnesium, mg – 205.0,
Copper, mcg – 1050.0,
Manganese, mg – 0.9,
Molybdenum, mcg – 0.0,
Zinc, mg – 2.3,
Chromium, mcg – 30.0,
Selenium, mcg – 0.0,
Omega 3, mg – 0.0,
Omega 6, mg – 0.0