Today I added one more healthy and dArbi/ Colocasia ki sabji delicious recipe in my recipe section. It is traditionally Andhra recipe. It is very easy to prepare recipe. It hardly takes 20 minutes. Just boil, fry and eat it. You don’t need to cut onions and tomatoes. It is no onion no garlic recipe. You can make different varieties of Arbi/ Colocasia i ki sabji but this one is easiest recipe.
Main ingredient of Arbi ki sabji is Arbi/ colocasia root
- Arbi is loaded with fiber, proteins and antioxidants.
- It is Protien rich food, proteins are very essential for hair, skin and nails health. As well as proteins are very essential nutrients for wear and tear of the body.
- Due to their high fiber content it helps to reduce the symptoms of high blood pressure by reducing the LDL cholesterol level. Fiber also helps in weight loss as well as it prevents form constipation.
- It is packed with Vitamin A, vitamin C , folic acid and other vitamins, these antioxidants helps to protect our cells from free radical damages as well as it works as anti- aging agents make your skin looks young and glowing.
Health benefits of Arbi/ Colocasia ki sabji
- It is Protein rich food. Proteins are very essential for growth and maintenance of the body.
- It is rich in folic acid.
- It is Calcium rich food.
- It is rich in phosphorus, chromium, copper and other nutrients.
- It contain fair amount of vitamin A.
- It is rich in Dietary fibers, helps to lower down the blood sugar level in the body. We can consider arbi ki sabji in diabetes treatment.
Total (Preparation +cook) time-20 minutes
Arbi(Colcasia root)- 500gm
Curry leaves- 10-15 leaves
Green chilli-4 (5 g)
Dry chilli-5 no
Mustard seeds- 5 gm(1 tsp)
Chana dhal- 5 gm(1 tsp)
Urad dhal-5 gm(1 tsp)
Turmeric- a pinch
Hing- a pinch
Oil-30 gm(2 tbsp)
Salt- as per taste
1-Half boil Arbi root in pressure cooker. Allow it to cool. Remove the cover from arbi root. Chop it into ½ inch pieces.
2-In pan heat oil add mustard seeds, chana dal, urad dal, dry chills, finely chopped green chills , curry leaves and hing (asafetida). Fry it.
3-When tempering get fry add half boiled arbi root, turmeric and salt to it. Sauté it. Fry for 5 minutes in medium flame.
4- Serve Arbi/Colocasia ki sabji with steamed rice or chapattis/pulkas.
Nutritional Information of Colocasia root curry (Arbi ki sabji) recipe
|Energy kCal- 829.0,
Dietary Fiber, gm-23.0,
Vitamin A, mcg-227.9,
Vitamin B1, mg-0.6,
Vitamin B2, mg-0.2,
Vitamin B3, mg-2.7 ,
Vitamin B6, mg-0.0,
Vitamin B9 Folic Acid, mcg-286.5,
Vitamin B12, mcg-0.0 ,
Vitamin C, mg-6.6,
Vitamin D, mcg-0.0,
Vitamin E, mg-0.6,
Vitamin K, mcg-0.0,
Omega 3, mg-0.0,
Omega 6, mg-11700.0